As one of the managing partners at a large NYC law firm, you’re responsible for hiring a talented trial attorney for your Nashville office. Or, maybe you’re the busy HR manager for a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Atlanta that needs to find an experienced patent attorney for your research facility in Cincinnati.
If either scenario sounds familiar, then you realize how difficult it is to screen and hire qualified applicants when you don’t know much about the geographic area that you’re searching in. To simplify your efforts, have you ever considered working with a good legal recruiter who’s based in your targeted search area?
Why Use a Local Legal Recruiter?
Advertising an open legal position in another part of the country takes time, and then you’ll have to read over CVs, constantly check your cluttered voicemail box, and conduct screening interviews and reference checks. Not only does it tap into your firm or corporation’s budget, it’s constantly diverting you from daily business obligations that you end up taking home to work on at night. Why put yourself through all this when there are highly qualified local legal recruiters awaiting your call? Here are some of the ways that a local recruiter can make your life easier:
For starters, partnering with a good legal recruiter located within your general search area will save you a lot of time. Here are some of the time-saving resources and services legal recruiters provide:
- Maintaining a large database for that city/town with good lawyers by specialty
- The ability to actively source, recruit and carefully screen potential candidates
- The use of high-tech recruiting tools, like AI computer software, that you don’t have
- Sifting through stacks of resumes so you won’t have to
- Scheduling interviews for you with only the most qualified candidates
In the end, hiring a seasoned legal recruiter who knows a targeted market well will allow you to focus on more important business operations at your firm or corporation, instead of recruiting.
Insider Networking Connections
If you help manage a firm in NYC, you probably have insider networking connections at other East Coast law firms, or through local lawyer associations and your old law school classmates and professors. But those Ivy League connections probably won’t do you much good in a state like Tennessee. On the other hand, a good legal recruiter in Nashville has already developed a sophisticated network of insider legal contacts that includes:
- Other recruiters and recruiting firms
- Local in-house corporate counsel departments
- Area law firms, including potential competitors to yours
- Tracking capabilities to monitor the careers of talented attorneys in the area
- Career fairs at local law schools
- Local/state bar associations and other professional legal organizations
Local recruiters also know what it takes to get admitted to the bar in their state, competitive salaries and compensation for lawyers in that area, and the various work environments and cultures found at the local firms and corporations.
Save You Money
Hiring the wrong candidate can be expensive to rectify, and if it happens more than once, you’ll probably have to answer for those poor business decisions. Here are some of the ways that working with a reliable legal recruiter can save your firm or corporation money:
- They can greatly increase your odds of hiring the right candidate the first time.
- By allowing you to spread their recruiting fee payments out over several months until the lawyer you hired is generating income for your business.
- A recruiter can eliminate much of your busywork related to advertising, screening and conducting initial candidate interviews.
- If the chosen candidate should happen to fail, many recruiting firms offer a money-back guarantee within a specified length of time that provides your firm or corporation with financial protection.
Promptly Find Good Legal Recruiters Across the U.S.
Searching for talented attorney candidates in areas of the country you’re not familiar with can be time-consuming, costly and frustrating. On the other hand, working with a good legal recruiter in that city or town will add value to your search efforts. Better legal recruiters found through the nationwide Legal Recruiter Directory specialize in connecting highly qualified lawyer candidates with law firm and corporate counsel openings so that all parties involved win. To promptly find a good legal recruiter in your target geographic area, visit the directory now!