In the ultra-competitive world of legal recruiting, there are two types of legal staffing agencies: those that use recruitment marketing strategies and those that don’t. There are many benefits to be gained from recruitment marketing, and legal headhunters who use recruitment marketing tools to support their recruiting activities typically attract, engage and place a higher number of talented candidates than do their competitors.
A decade ago, an open position was typically advertised through online job boards like Monster and CareerBuilder. SmashFly was one of the earliest recruiting management platforms to advocate a recruitment marketing approach. In a recent interview, SmashFly founder and CEO Mike Hennessey said “Organizations that employ recruitment marketing techniques can generate three times more leads, 10 percent greater revenue and a 100 percent higher close rate.”
If your office isn’t currently using recruitment marketing to maximize its recruiting efforts, here’s why it’s so important to start doing so.
What is Recruitment Marketing? Recruiting Candidates in the Digital Age
Recruitment marketing is essentially applying today’s marketing best practices, like multi-channel use, tech-supported automation and data analytics to more precisely target, attract, engage and cultivate qualified candidates who may or may not be seeking a new job. And, the more effectively you can communicate your brand and value using a recruitment marketing approach, the better the results.
If you don’t already have a strong recruitment marketing game plan, a good digital marketing agency can help you develop one. Here are some of the Web-based resources that a strong recruitment marketing strategy should include:
- Content. This could be photos, infographics, e-books, recruiting videos, blog articles or webinars.
- Emails. This strategy involves creating automated and personalized messages, to measuring open rates, click-through rates and response rates.
- Social media. Roughly 50% of all job seekers use social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter during their search. Recruiting the best and brightest candidates, notably Millennials, requires using social media platforms to your advantage.
- Online ads. Online forms of advertising include banner ads, pop-up videos, social media ads, pay-per-click (PPC) ads or the ever-present Google Ads that appear near the top of search engine results pages (SERPs). A good overall search engine optimization (SEO) strategy will also help you rank higher when a potential client does an organic search.
- Talent communities. These candidate “pools” include individuals who didn’t get the legal job they wanted but are still interested in similar positions moving forward. A talent community is a way for your staffing agency to keep qualified candidates engaged by subscribing to your newsletter or following your blog and social media accounts.
How Recruitment Marketing Empowers Legal Professionals
Starting with legal recruiters, recruitment marketing has several applications within the legal industry. Whether you’re an HR representative looking to fill a corporate counsel vacancy, member of a prestigious law firm’s hiring committee, or legal headhunter searching for new leads, an effective recruitment marketing strategy can help you:
- Maximize your time and budget resources by eliminating guesswork
- Attract highly qualified candidates to your brand, message and value
- Connect with talented passive candidates who comprise up to 80% of the talent pool
- Ultimately generate more revenue
Empower Your Brand by Partnering with a Legal Recruiter Today!
Whether you’re the hiring manager at a prestigious law firm or growing corporation, or a talented attorney candidate seeking a fresh career challenge, partnering with a legal recruiter through the Legal Recruiter Directory is a smart marketing move. If you are a legal staffing agency that wants to learn more about recruitment marketing strategies, the Legal Recruiter Directory can also provide you with the recruitment marketing tools necessary to empower your brand.
Legal headhunting firms featured on the Legal Recruiter Directory have the candidate screening and legal industry networking capabilities to connect active or passive lawyer candidates with highly coveted law firm and corporate counsel openings so that all parties win.